Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blue Mountain, Ontario WC

It was a short trip to Canada this time and we arrived to find a course that a lot of people felt was less that satisfactory. A lot of small jumps for the speed we were carrying and a lot of narrow places that would allow multiple riders to make it through at once. This had its obvious effects come race day, with crashes in nearly every men's heat. Qualifying day was another stressful one as I had some trouble in my first run and had to rely entirely on my second. I played it a little on the conservative side and crossed the line with a time of 68.72, finishing in 18th place. I knew after running practice with a few of the other guys that things were certainly going to get dicey in all areas of the course. In my heat I had a good start and came through the first turn battling for second place, I wasn't able to take the line that I wanted through the turn and I lost some ground. The same rider collided with me going off of the double in the second turn and I was able to power through the next roller section and pass back into third place. A few turns later the same rider collided with me again on the take-offs of one of the jumps. I was down and out of the race, another unlucky turn of events. Thanks for reading.

1 comment: