Wednesday, February 1, 2012

X Games

After a lot of flying we arrived to Aspen at what would be our house for the week. It certainly felt good to be back in the States but my body didn't seem to care that there had been a significant time change from Europe. It was safe to say that I would never be late to our 9am practice sessions because at that point I had already been awake for 6 hours. The practice sessions were going well and the course was very mellow in comparison to past X Games venues. But it was plenty of fun still. The qualifying day came around on Friday and I was feeling good. The format had changed so all of the riders only got one time trial run, so it was all or nothing. Snow had fallen the night before and the speeds down the course slowed to a crawl. I had a great run going but I didn't feel that I was carrying enough speed in the last jump, which was imperative to clear, so I popped as hard as I could off of the lip but this placed me in the back seat. So I landed on my butt and struggled across the finish line, crossing in 18th place. It wasn't the best finish but I made it into the heats. I had a tough draw for first heats the following day, couple that with a less than desirable lane choice and some mistakes on my part led me to not advance out of the first round. Definitely a bummer but there will be more races and that's how things go sometimes. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment